As we approach the two-year mark of when most businesses in the United States shut down — at least for a time — we are given the opportunity to be soberly reminded of the importance of making our facilities safe for those who walk through the doors.
Riding the waves of a pandemic over the past two years has been exhausting in every way. But as doors reopen, masks come off, and handshakes slowly return, now is the time to remain vigilant to our responsibilities towards our fellow members of society.
Here’s to you, facilities manager. It’s your time to shine.
It is up to you to ensure that owners and employees, students and teachers, staff and visitors, congregants and ministers feel at peace about the return to normalcy we are beginning to taste. Here is a brief audit you can perform right now of your facilities to experience what others see when they walk through your doors:
- What is the condition of the parking lot? Is there visible trash? Are the trash bins overflowing? Sonlight Cleaning Services offers parking lot cleanup.
- How do the sidewalks look? Is there mildew? Does it look like this walkway has been abandoned for the past two years? Sonlight offers power washing.
- Are the windows sparkling? Does this building look ready to greet me both inside and out? Sonlight offers interior/exterior window and wall cleaning (window washing up to three stories)!
- As I enter the building, are the entryway rugs clean or does it look like they haven’t been attended to since the evening before? Sonlight offers 8 hour per day, day porter services in addition to daily janitorial services.
- What is the condition of the tile, LVT, terrazzo, laminate, etc.? Sonlight not only offers hard surface floor care, but also seasonal care for flooring types that require stripping and waxing (i.e. VCT).
- When I walk down the hallways, is there a visible foot traffic trail? Is it apparent that this carpet needs attention? Sonlight offers hot water extraction.
- How are the upholstered seating options looking? Do they look aged and worn or are they inviting? Sonlight offers upholstery cleaning.
- As I enter the bathroom, how does it look? Are paper goods restocked? Is it visibly clean? Does it smell clean? Sonlight offers not only professional janitorial supplies and paper products, but specialty disinfecting products and e-sanitizing services.
- When we host special events, what is my plan? Sonlight offers special event clean up.
- Should an emergency arise — who do I call to clean up quickly? Sonlight offers emergency services to their daily janitorial cleaning customers so in a crisis moment, you don’t have to work with an unfamiliar company.
When it’s your time to shine, make sure you’re backed by the best in the business. Sonlight Cleaning Services has been helping facilities managers shine for over 30 years.
By Laura Pulliam