- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On March 17, 2020
- 0 Comments
No doubt your mind, TV, email inbox, and social media feeds are filled to overflowing with the latest impact of COVID-19. From toilet paper aisles and retirement funds to restaurant dining rooms and medical office waiting rooms, it seems as though no sector of the public is immune to the effects of this unprecedented worldwide event.
Pandemic has the capacity to lead to public panic. So far, at least in the great state of Texas, this seems not to be the case. A friend recently posted on social media about his morning trip to purchase groceries. The parking lot was packed. Every cart seemed to be in use. Every cash register was open. Yet everyone was polite, unhurried, and generally calm in the midst of the chaos. By caring for one another and focusing on getting through this as a community, we are going to be okay.
Physical distancing can happen without allowing social isolation and loneliness to creep in. A few ways to “keep your sanity” during what may otherwise be very unusual or even depressing days include:
- Take a walk – outdoor conversations with neighbors can happen at a span of the recommended 6-feet without feeling awkward.
- Conference call your coworkers- just because you may be officing from home does not mean you can’t enjoy a little office camaraderie.
- Video chat with loved ones– friends and family may be physically separated, but because we live in the digital age, we have the wonderful benefit of being able to see one another’s faces through our phones or computers.
- Get some sunshine – if your company is down to a bare-bones staff, it can seem a little eerie to look around and see all the empty desks. Vitamin D (which we get from the sun) has numerous health benefits including giving you a mental boost, promoting bone health, enhancing your immune system–very important these days–and can even lower cancer risk.
These are all wonderful proactive steps you can do to protect yourself both physically and mentally during the challenging days ahead. With the help of Sonlight Cleaning Services, there are also proactive steps you can take to care for your facilities during this time that will make the most of the out-of-the-ordinary situation in which we find ourselves:
- Electrostatic disinfecting – there has never been a better time to do a deep disinfecting of your entire facility. Electrostatic disinfecting is the future of disinfecting because it is the most effective, providing a “wrapping” disinfecting effect rather than a surface treatment.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning – following this worldwide health scare, people will be even more observant of the cleanliness of their surroundings. That coffee stain on the carpet that no one noticed before will suddenly throw a “red flag” of uncleanliness to your visitors or potential clients.
- VCT Strip and Wax – while this may not be directly cleanliness-related, very often VCT stripping and waxing is postponed far beyond the recommended resurfacing time simply because it requires that foot traffic be diverted from the area for a time (which can be disruptive in essential places like hallways). With a bare-bones staff and decreased visitors, there’s never been a more opportune time to schedule this kind of essential maintenance.
At Sonlight Cleaning Services, we’ve been in the business of clean for over thirty years. We won’t let you down now!