- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On June 14, 2018
- 0 Comments
In the recent past, I visited two CPA offices in different buildings. While both CPAs were pleasant to work with and boasted a similar value, looking back, I realized that I would gladly revisit one over the other. I suppose I should add that both of these visits occurred during tax season so, understandably, neither office was particularly tidy–you got the distinct feeling that you were stepping onto a basketball court in the middle of a game! But despite similar goings on in each office, the two left different impressions.
The first office, though clearly caught up in the frenetic pace of tax season, was inviting. The second office, on the other hand, had a generally disagreeable vibe. It’s not that one building was brand new while the other was derelict. From the architecture, I’d wager that both buildings were erected around the same time. It’s not even that one had recently been remodeled while the other hadn’t… in fact, their carpeting appeared to be from the same “bygone era.”
The difference came down to cleanliness. One building sparkled while the other seemed, on the whole, a little dingy.
It’s funny, isn’t it, how a little grime can make an entire building look tired? As I think back, there are a few suggestions I would make to that second CPA… and Sonlight Cleaning Services could help him with every one:
1. Power wash the exterior walls–It was clear from the building’s appearance that somewhere in its past, the gutters had clogged, causing water to run down the exterior walls and leaving black streaks on every corner. This made the building look much older than it actually was and a good power washing would have made an impressive difference.
2. Clean the windows–The building was situated next to the highway, so I’m sure the view was nothing to brag about. But the fact that the blinds were all drawn made the room dim and uninviting. Even if the view isn’t great, a little sunlight can do a lot of good for the desirability of the space and for people’s general mood (especially important when talking about money matters)!
3. Deep-clean the carpets–As already mentioned, the carpeting in both buildings was of similar vintage but I noticed a marked difference in the condition. To the second financial institution, I would suggest that routine carpet care be added after an initial deep-clean. Offices that host clients get a lot more foot traffic than a private office. Say you see only 5 clients per day… that’s 50 feet (in addition to your own) bringing in dust, dirt, and pollen on a weekly basis! You can see why, in offices in particular, regular floor care is of utmost importance.
4. Don’t neglect the stairwells–This one shocked me. It was as though the stairs hadn’t been swept since the building’s opening day! Okay, this may be a slight exaggeration, but all I can say is please, please, please remember how many people utilize your building’s stairs and take this into consideration when planning out your building’s janitorial needs.
5. Take care of that musty smell!–Some older buildings just have a particular odor. As long as it’s faint (like that of an old book), it’s probably nothing to worry about and an air fragrance machine will take care of the issue. But if the odor is persistent, it’s probably time to find the source: Is it your carpets (for example, was there a neglected water leak)? Is excessive condensation collecting on the windows? Do the air filters simply need changing? With Sonlight Cleaning Services, there’s no need to go out of your way to find a company to perform these kinds of minor maintenance and handyman services.
No matter the age or the condition of your financial institution, we’ve got you covered. What are you waiting for? Contact Sonlight Cleaning Services today!