Spring Break = Go Time!
- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On April 5, 2021
- 0 Comments
I still remember picking up my son from school before spring break 2020 and thinking, as many of us no doubt did, “Wow, it will be fun to have my kid home but it’ll be nice to get back to normal in a week.” Little did we all know!
This year we (miraculously!) have a much stronger sense of what is to come on the other side of Spring Break. Students and educators, masked and distanced, will return to the classroom.
How can you, as a facilities manager for an educational institution, make the most of Spring Break? Turns out there are several proactive measures you can take to boost the appearance and cleanliness of classrooms and administrative offices when the building is empty. Sonlight Cleaning Services can help you with any and all of them:
- Carpet cleaning. Many administrative offices, and even some classrooms, have carpet. Even low-pile and industrial grade carpet needs special care. Hot water extraction is a process that cleans down into the carpet fibers, lifting dirt and germs. It not only improves the appearance of your floors, it can extend the life of your flooring, saving you money in the long run. It is best to schedule carpet cleaning during a time when floor traffic will be low as the carpet will need some time to air dry after being cleaned.
- Parking lot and sidewalk care. Power washing is one of the most cost-effective ways to dramatically improve the look of your facility exterior. And as allergy season descends upon Texas, you will undoubtedly notice the undesirable “leftovers” that pollen leaves on your concrete and asphalt. Some building exteriors should even be power washed.
- Window washing. Nothing is quite so distracting to students as… well… anything other than the lecture! Schedule window washing when students will not be in the classroom and the teachers will thank you.
- VCT care. Vinyl tile floors are beautiful and durable. In order to maintain these floors for years to come, they need to be waxed and buffed. Sometimes the wax later needs to be completely removed (“stripped”) and reapplied. This process is best done when there will be little-to-no foot traffic in the building.
Make the most of Spring Break 2021 by calling one of the client care specialists at Sonlight Cleaning Services. We will help your organization come back from this year’s break stronger — and more beautiful — than ever!