- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On May 3, 2019
- 0 Comments
I had a great conversation with an elementary school administrator this morning that made me think about school cleanliness in a way I had never before thought about it. As we were talking about the upcoming STAAR testing and the distractions that can take students away from those crucial school days, the topic of food allergies came up.
As it turns out, her son has a peanut allergy. Since I was there to talk about renting the school facility for a weekend activity, this news prompted me to ask, “Do we need to avoid bringing peanuts or other food items on campus?”
If you are a school administrator of school campus facilitator, this is a concern that is worth taking seriously. Food allergies and sensitivities are only one of many reasons that your school needs to be seriously clean. After flu season has drawn to a close, it’s easy to get lax about this topic, but my conversation this morning was an unexpected reminder that school cleanliness is just as important the rest of the year as it is during cold and flu season.
Sonlight Cleaning Services is a commercial cleaning service with the capacity and experience to work with your private school, public school, or administrative office buildings. Our helpful staff and highly trained team members are ready to ensure that at the end of every school day and weekend rental, your facilities are prepared to welcome another round of students and teachers.
Especially as another “season of STAAR” is upon us, it’s important to consider the condition of your campus for the sake of your students.
- Are the classrooms full of dust, causing your students to sneeze?
- Are the air filters old, sending allergens and other irritants back into the air?
- Are the hallways clean and dry, to avoid an unnecessary and preventable fall?
- Is the cafeteria clean, to guard against the spread of food-borne illnesses and cross contamination that could cause food allergies?
- Has the teacher’s lounge been thoroughly cleaned, to show teachers that they matter?
- Is the front office and entryway ready to welcome parents?
Let Sonlight Cleaning Services come alongside you and your school to ensure that your students and teachers have a grand finale to their school year!