Special Event and Holiday Party Cleanup
- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On December 14, 2020
- 0 Comments
I recently heard of an engineering firm that was struggling with what to do about their annual Christmas party. They felt conflicted between wanting to hold a celebration to boost their team’s spirits and also wanting to keep everyone healthy.
The solution they came up with was incredibly creative! Adjacent to their office building was a covered parking area. Typically only used for vehicles and the occasional piece of machinery, the “big bosses” realized that with a bit of outside-the-box thinking, this parking area could be completely transformed into the perfect space for an outdoor, socially-distanced office party. They strung Christmas lights from the rafters, rented tables and chairs (dispersing them around the space), and brought in the very best catering. The result was a festive and fun — albeit different — annual Christmas party!
At Sonlight Cleaning Services, we applaud that kind of ingenuity. If you contract us for your daily and weekly janitorial needs, we are committed to walk with you through however creative you want to get for this year’s Christmas party or New Year’s Eve celebration! We have always offered special event cleanup, day porter services, and holiday party cleanup in addition to the weekly janitorial services but this year we plan to be just as flexible as ever to support you as you innovate. Here are a few ideas to help you start planning a safe and fun holiday office party:
- Check the CDC website frequently for safety precaution updates.
- Gift everyone a face mask branded with your company logo.
- Plan a virtual game night. Many services now exist that allow you to play group games on a screen (such as a laptop connected to a projector) while each player uses their smartphone to answer questions or play their turn.
- Stock up on decorations and supplies like hand sanitizer (Sonlight can make sure your SanJan supplies are restocked or install additional hand sanitizing stations).
- Take advantage of your facility’s outdoor space. It may be cold, but studies continue to show that outdoors is definitely preferable to indoors. Rent some portable heaters, pass out cozy blankets, or set up a few fire pits or chimeneas (if your space allows). On the bright side, masks do a great job of keeping one’s face warm in cold weather!
- Talk to your Sonlight client care specialist about contracting a day porter service during the event to sanitize frequently-touched surfaces throughout the event.
A pandemic doesn’t have to ruin all the fun this holiday season. When you let your creativity flow, Sonlight Cleaning Services is here to support you!