- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On October 5, 2018
- 0 Comments
The month of September was a wet one. With more wet days than dry, it’s safe to say that we’re all ready to hang up our rain ponchos for a while. The average September rainfall in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex is just under three inches… this last month saw a deluge of almost thirteen inches! Rain is necessary and even beautiful. But it also can leave a stream of mess behind. There are certainly proactive steps you can take to keep your business clean when it’s raining outside (some of these you probably already utilize in your home environment).
1. Add an extra rug (or three). It’s a good idea to keep extra rugs for each entry point on hand for when the elements unleash. Those extra few steps on an absorbent surface can help remove water or slippery leaves from shoes and help prevent falls on hard floors or muddy footprints on carpeted floors. A day porter service is invaluable on rainy days because the constant attention to those entry points helps curb water and dirt from being tracked throughout the entirety of the building. Is it really the best use of your time if you don’t have time to abandon your desk and take up a vacuum yourself? Let our pros help keep your space beautiful, even when it’s pouring outside.
2. Control the mess before it spreads. It will be much easier to restore your business or office to its original glory once the storms have subsided if you simply take the time to contain messes as they happen. For example, a mid-day sweep and mop of high-traffic areas will lessen the amount of mud and dirt that makes it to other parts of the building.
3. Be prepared for emergencies. Nobody plans for their business to sustain water damage. But sometimes all it takes is a leaf-clogged French drain for a surprising puddle to form. These kinds of emergencies often blind- side business owners who are even nowhere near a flood zone. Time wasted in these circumstances can equate to costly repairs later. The best way to be prepared is to save the number for Sonlight Cleaning Service. Our carpet cleaning and flood restoration team is there to help when unwanted water strikes.
4. Relax and regroup. At the end of the day, you can rest in knowing that nothing remains unscathed during rainy seasons. At the end of the day (or week), everyone will need to wash their car, polish their shoes, and play a little “catch-up” in order to get things back to normal. Sonlight’s cleaning professionals will have your place looking good-as-new in no time!
There’s no getting around it–rain is a harbinger of dirt, leaves, and mud in all the places our feet frequent. Don’t allow the stress of an otherwise beautiful thing to dampen your spirits. Sonlight Cleaning Services has professional janitorial staff that will help you combat the rain-induced dirt in your place of business. Why wait for the next storm to strike? Give us a Call Today!