Plan a Dallas-Fort Worth Staycation
- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On July 26, 2019
- 0 Comments
Summer in Texas is hot. As spring draws to a close, people begin bracing themselves for the onslaught of unrelenting heat. Get the air conditioner units serviced, restock the sunscreen supply, book a getaway to the beach or somewhere with cool air… these are all reflex behaviors of Texans everywhere.
But something is happening in Texas this week that lifelong Texans typically only daydream about. Daily highs, usually soaring well into the 100’s this time of year, are resting easily in the low 90’s and (amazingly) some days aren’t even leaving the 80’s. Talk about something worth celebrating!
If you’ve never had a “stay-cation” in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, now is the perfect time to check a few things off your bucket list.
- Visit your local water park. Simply pull up your favorite search engine and type “water park near me.” There are a multitude of water parks in the greater DFW area to choose from so you won’t have to drive far to enjoy one! Cap off your visit with a stop by an ice cream shop and you’ll have a quintessential summer day.
- Check out the Fort Worth Stockyards. Take a trip back to a simpler time as you watch the live cattle drive–down cobblestone streets!–at 11:30am or 4:00pm every day. Check the calendar on the website to see what else you should “git along” to see.
- Take advantage of cooler temps at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden. In addition to beautiful ponds and gardens, they offer multiple events every day of the week. From “Christmas in July” in the children’s garden to elegant garden parties and food tasting events for adults, there will be plenty of options to choose from!
- See one of the museums. The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, a comprehensive exhibit on JFK’s presidency & assassination, is one of many unique and world-class historical museums located in the area. If you enjoy art, the Dallas Museum of Art would be a great place to start.
- Visit the Fort Worth or Dallas Zoo. Both kids and adults love a visit to the zoo. And with two exceptional zoos in close proximity, you may even want to see both this summer!
When it comes to vacations, sometimes the best treasures are closer to home than you think. When it comes to a commercial cleaning service that can deliver everything you need (and more), you similarly don’t have to look very far!
Sonlight Cleaning Services is a Dallas-Fort Worth based commercial cleaning company with a 30-year track record of keeping DFW businesses, churches, medical facilities, office buildings, educational facilities, and industrial buildings looking their very finest! So before you head out for your staycation, give us a call. In the time it takes you to visit the lion, tigers, and bears, we can prepare a customized quote for your facilities–oh my!