How to Extend the Life of Your Paint and Wallpaper
- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On July 12, 2019
- 0 Comments
What do schools, doctor’s offices, financial institutions, churches, office buildings, and manufacturing facilities all share in common? Walls! Every building has them. And something that most of the walls in these facilities also share in common is that many of them–if not all of them–have some type of well covering.
Sheetrock is a great building material, but it doesn’t look great in its natural state. The two most popular ways to “dress up” sheetrock are wallpaper and paint (typically along with texture). Paint and wallpaper each have their pros and cons.
Pros of paint:
- Relatively inexpensive and simple to change when you wish to update the look of a space.
- Simple to apply and repair.
- Great for rooms with high humidity levels, such as restrooms and kitchens
Cons of paint:
- Care must be taken in application or you could end up with paint getting tracked onto your floors.
- Requires reapplication every few years.
- Sheetrock must be textured and any defects repaired before application. Most paints also require the use of primer, adding an extra step.
Pros of wallpaper:
- Longer lifespan than paint–as much as 3 times longer–and much of the wallpaper being sold today is wipeable and easy to clean.
- Great for making a statement and giving a space a decorative look. It can also be used strategically to make a space feel larger–for example, horizontal stripes will make a room look wider and vertical stripes will make a room look taller. Some wallpaper is so beautiful you don’t even need any additional wall decor to make your space feel warm and welcoming.
- Good quality wallpaper can help hide imperfections in the sheetrock.
Cons of wallpaper:
- Somewhat more complicated to install.
- Not easily repaired.
- More expensive than paint.
When you partner with Sonlight Cleaning Service for your daily janitorial needs we have the add on wall cleaning care plan that will extend the life of your wall coverings. Our specialty enzyme based products can extend the life of your wallpaper or increase the time between paint cycles, protecting your investment and reducing the need for touch-ups or repairs. This wall cleaning service can be seamlessly incorporated into your monthly maintenance agreement with Sonlight, saving you money (and headache) in the long run by keeping your walls looking wonderful year after year! Contact Us Today for a Free Estimate.