Flooring Trends in The New Year
- Posted by Sonlight Cleaning
- On January 21, 2019
- 0 Comments
Pantone has announced the color of the year–Living Coral. Whether or not you eagerly await this announcement each year, you will no doubt see its effects resonate throughout the upcoming months. Color trends influence many areas of life, from fashion to flooring and everything in between.
While you may not choose this vibrant coral tone as your primary flooring color, it would certainly make a great accent color in your facilities. Besides color trends, it’s interesting to note other trends as well. Today we’re going to talk flooring trend projections for the new year!
Below we’ve included a few highlights about the most popular choices in commercial flooring:
- Polished concrete – This is simply concrete that has been stained and polished to a matte or high-sheen finish. Sealed concrete is easily cleaned with a microfiber cleaning pad and a pH-neutral cleaning solution (never products containing ammonia or citrus, for example, as they can damage the sealer or wax).
- Tile – Tile is an impervious flooring type that is both attractive and durable. It is very popular in areas such as hallways and bathrooms that get a lot of traffic and may be exposed to moisture. Tile can be swept, vacuumed, and mopped. Grout may need to be resealed occasionally.
- LVT and vinyl – Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and vinyl have been a common choice for many years, but have increased in popularity since the addition of plank-type tiles to the list of choices in this material. Vinyl is durable and impervious to water. Though typically glued down to the subfloor, newer LVT styles include “floating” click-and-lock options. Vinyl can be swept, vacuumed, or mopped. Cleaning products should only be used as recommended by the manufacturer, because some can cause premature wear on the finish.
- Laminate – With AC (abrasion class) ratings up to 5, laminate has come a long way in terms of durability for commercial use. Some types of laminate are water resistant, but extra care should be taken when cleaning this flooring type. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning laminate, as some types can be cleaned with a carefully-wrung mop while others should only be dust-mopped.
- Commercial-grade carpet – Carpet, like laminate, has come a long way in terms of durability for commercial use. While vacuuming is the best way to get an everyday clean, it is wise to regularly deep-clean carpeting and rugs through bonneting or extraction. Regular stain removal, pre-spotting treatment, disinfecting and deodorizing will also extend the life of your carpet (as well as lower dust particles that affect air quality in your facilities).
Trends come and go, but Sonlight Cleaning Services is here to stay. We’re your one-stop-shop for a commercial cleaning service in the greater Dallas / Fort Worth area. We’ve been in business over thirty years and our highly-trained team of professionals are familiar with the best methods for keeping your floors looking their very best year after year. Give us a call for your free quote to see how we can make this new year the best one yet for your facilities!